September 30, 2019 - 2:08 PM


*Let me just add, this isn't a big deal. It isn't a huge stressor. But it is something that bothers me. Sometimes you know, you think, does this bother other people? And I don't think it does bother other people. But hey. What is this blog for than to talk about me... please don't run away. ;)


It bothers me that my first name has 6 letters. My last name has 5, which is perfect. Sometimes I count. 5s or increments of 5 are perfect because I have 5 fingers. But 6 throws it all off. And 6 plus 5 is 11 which is not an increment of 5.

Sometimes like in Roller Coaster Tycoon computer game. When you beat a level you enter your name as proof that you beat it and not someone else. It is important to me to write my name. Some of the levels are very difficult, as in I never want to play them again - which I will have to if I spell my name wrong.

So I type my name, Kristi Smith, and then I count the letters out on my fingers and ‘Smith’ is easy to assure myself it is spelt correct because it is 5 letters (5 fingers). But ‘Kristi’ has 6 letters which throws it all off.

And this sounds stupid. I know it sounds stupid. But it is something that bothers me. I have to check to be sure that my name is spelt correctly. It doesn’t bother me in hand written word probably because my writing/printing is so terrible, being able to read my writing is often problematic. Or I am in real time - no time, someone is waiting - or maybe it is just because ….. Roller Coaster Tycoon is the most important time I write my name? Maybe it is because it is easier to count in 5s. To remember I am on 15 and not 17… I don’t know. 

I don’t know why it bothers me that my first name has 6 letters not 5 - but I know that it does bother me. And I do count sometimes - have for at least 8 years. My mom even remembers me mentioning it a long time ago, counting thing, not name thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 30, 2019 - 8:56 PM

November 04, 2019 - 9:22 PM

October 17, 2019 - 8:27 PM